Sunday, April 24, 2016

Quick Ottoman Tray

Our game room is Red, White and Black in honor of the Detroit Red Wings Hockey Team.  We used our black couch from our VA sunroom, along with our black storage ottomans.  I needed a tray for the ottomans and decided to paint a bare wood tray I had in my sewing room closet.

I used a simple idea that was easy to make.  I painted the tray with several coats of "Red Wings Red". Next I used a large stencil and painted a white letter N in the middle, and outlined it with a black sharpie.  Because it is impossible to get everything to look perfect doing it freehand, no matter how hard you try, I decided to rough it up a bit to make it look old and worn. This way the imperfections look perfect.



Cue the sand paper. I scuffed it up a bit and it looks worn and old. I sprayed it with a top coat and it was done.

Easy Peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandma's Quilt

  My Paternal Grandma was a quilter. I mean a hardcore, full size, wood frame, hand sewn quilter. I remember as a kid in the 60s and 70s goi...