Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Our Fairy Garden Natural Disaster

A few years ago my sister Lynn showed me the fairy garden she put together for her granddaughters in Florida. When I was visiting her in Ohio we went to Joann Fabric and bought some Fairy Garden items for my grandkids to put in my yard. We started small and over the last year it has grown.

Our first garden in a smaller space.

Moved to a bigger space and added more houses.
My grandson loves the gnomes, dog and cat, and my granddaughter loves the whole garden. She loves to put all the gnomes, fairies, and animals in the one house that opens up. She loves to move everything around and when she is done it looks like a tornado has gone through the village.

Then on April 6th the poor fairly garden was hit with a real natural disaster, golf ball to racket ball size hail. We were not home when the storm hit, so we were not able to protect the poor garden from the huge hail. Unlike my tornado granddaughter's mess, this real storm did a lot of damage to our poor Fairy Village. We had damage to all 5 houses, two were dented and scraped, and three were hit so hard the hail broke holes in the resin houses. The most damage done to my granddaughter's favorite house. We also lost a chair and wood arch from the fairy garden, both were demolished.

After the Hail storm on April 6th.

There is a hole in the bottom of this house.

There is a huge hole in the top of my granddaughter's favorite house.
I told the kids that FEMA (Fairy Emergency Management Agency) would come in and give the Fairies and Gnomes temporary housing while we waited to get their damaged homes repaired or replaced. Off to Joann's I go to get temp housing. I found some resin tents and brought them home to set up in the Fairy Garden. They were perfect!

Temporary Housing from the Fairy Emergency Management Agency.
Now the real work begins. I will keep you updated on the Fairy Garden house repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandma's Quilt

  My Paternal Grandma was a quilter. I mean a hardcore, full size, wood frame, hand sewn quilter. I remember as a kid in the 60s and 70s goi...