Saturday, May 21, 2022

Hot Chocolate Gift Mugs

For Christmas last year one of the gifts I gave friends and family was my homemade hot chocolate mix. I have shared the basic recipe, which I received over 20 years ago from a friend in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The mix was outstanding as is, but I add a special ingredient to mine that I do not share. The original recipe is listed below.

I made a huge bowl of mix and filled some Christmas printed baggies with the mix enough for about 4 to 6 cups of hot chocolate. Next, I went to my Cricut cutting machine to make cute cardstock mugs. There is a great pattern from Cricut I used and it was so easy to make.

The Cricut pattern 

I had some Christmas paper I have had for over ten years from Stamping Up. The paper was printed on both sides with coordinating prints. This was perfect paper for these mugs because they will have different patterns on the inside of the mug and the handle.

Stamping Up paper I used for my mugs. Double sided with coordinating patterns.

I loaded the pattern in the Cricut machine and sat at the machine for a while cutting about a dozen mugs. Then gluing all the pieces together, matching coordinating handles with the correct mug. The pattern comes with a tag, so I cut them out of solid white, green and red paper.

Cut pieces. I did not use the snow flake for most of the mugs.

 

Outside

Inside

After adding some mini marshmallows onto the top of the mix, I tied the bag closed with a twist tie,  tied it with a ribbon, and then I dropped the bag of hot chocolate into the paper mug. Then I filled out the gift tag and tied it to the handle of the paper mug. Now they were ready for delivery.




These turned out so cute and just may turn into a new Christmas tradition. But with the right paper, it can be a gift for any occasion.


Hot Chocolate Mix

8 cups of dried milk

1 1/2 cups of sugar

15 ozs of Nestle's Quik mix

8 ozs coffee creamer

Mix all ingredients together

To make a cup of hot chocolate, add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of mix to 8 oz of hot water!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandma's Quilt

  My Paternal Grandma was a quilter. I mean a hardcore, full size, wood frame, hand sewn quilter. I remember as a kid in the 60s and 70s goi...