Sunday, June 19, 2022

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

I have done a few blogs on my dog Edy. She is always sleeping and always in the weirdest positions. Her 15th Birthday was June 17th, so in honor of her Birthday, I am going to make not only fun of her, but all the dogs in our family.

A rare time when Edy is actually awake in her bed.
 

Edy's normal couch sleeping position.

While we are sitting in the family room watching TV, Edy is usually in her dog bed sleeping. Almost every night we will glace over at her and comment on her sleeping position. Most nights she is on her back with her legs straight up.

Edy's normal dog bed sleeping position

Every now and then she will be hanging over the side with her head on the floor. It does not look comfortable at all, yet she will stay like that for hours. A few weeks ago we took her picture and sent it to our kids and they sent the following pictures.

The weird head on the floor picture we sent to the kids.

This is Dakota our daughter's dog and Edy's half sister. She is 12 and 1/2 and smart enough to at least put her head on the blanket while she is hanging her head off the bed.

This is our older Son's dog Dahlia. She is 12 years old and has taken a different approach to the head on the floor position. This one is with her head forward and her front legs out front. I am not sure it looks any more comfortable. 

This is Nelly, our youngest Son's dog. She is 5 and 1/2 and the baby of our dog family. She is the funniest of the group, very awkward and uncoordinated. She looks the most uncomfortable to me. 

My husband and I loved how the kids instantly sent these picture in response to our text. I guess Edy isn't alone in her weirdness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandma's Quilt

  My Paternal Grandma was a quilter. I mean a hardcore, full size, wood frame, hand sewn quilter. I remember as a kid in the 60s and 70s goi...