Monday, September 15, 2014

College Livingroom Furniture Refresher

When our son went into his college apartment last year we refinished and refreshed our old basement furniture for him. Personally, I hated the couch and chairs we had in the basement, but he loved them for the comfort factor.
Sorry for the lighting, only picture I had in Texas

We bought this furniture from Value City in the 90's.  Two of the large cushions or pillows on the back of the couch had pineapples on them. We had the couch and chairs cleaned and I went to Jo Ann Fabric and bought some snazzy fabric to cover the back pillows. This was the some fabric I used to cover his bar stools I featured in a post on Aug 9, 2013.

Love this fabric, thanks Debbie for helping me pick it out

 Not a lot of work involved. A basic square the size of the pillows, sew three sides, pullover the pillow, fold in the raw edges and sew the last side shut.


Blurry, but you get the idea. I need my VA pictures. 

A few store bought red throw pillows, a red throw blanket, red curtains, a red/ black distressed metal end table, an old orange lamp that I spray painted black, an album I baked to make a remote holder, a Target floor lamp and done! The coffee table is another blog.

Not bad for a bunch of hand me downs.

I wanted to use our Son`s guitar as part of the decor. We bought it for him one Christmas many years ago. It is a wood electric guitar painted a beautiful red. I bought a guitar wall mount on Amazon, and it was pretty easy to install. He doesn`t play the guitar any more, but it looks good on the wall. I had some black and white pictures of the Beatles in storage that use to hang in our older Son`s room, so I thought they would go perfect with the guitar.

Very hard to take pictures of pictures that are in glass. Too much glare, I know.

OK, now we have a black and red color scheme with a little Beatles thrown in. I carried that theme into the dinning room. Stay tuned! Pun definitely intended.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandma's Quilt

  My Paternal Grandma was a quilter. I mean a hardcore, full size, wood frame, hand sewn quilter. I remember as a kid in the 60s and 70s goi...